July 31, 2012
We sure are good luck to our customers! Tim Schnagl won a $10,000 cash prize playing the Lottery’s 25th Anniversary $20 Game Book instant scratch game!
“I buy two of the Game Book tickets every day,” said Tim. “I buy one before work and one after work.”
The 25th Anniversary Game Book offers players nine different puzzle games, all in one book. Keeping with his routine, Tim stopped at a convenience store while on his way home from work Saturday to pick up his favorite game.
The Schnagls, who have been married 30 years, have two children and three grandchildren. They were undecided how they would spend their winnings this time around, but said it would be put to good use.
Tim’s winning ticket was purchased at Zarco USA, located at 518 E. Logan in Ottawa.
For more information on games, promotions, winning numbers, and unclaimed prizes, or to join the free Kansas Lottery Players Club, visit www.kslottery.com.
July 20, 2012
E15 ethanol blend adds another fuel option for drivers
BY SCOTT ZAREMBA
Since its founding, America has long believed that its citizens should be free to make very basic choices for themselves. Americans can choose to practice any religion they like, or to not practice any at all. They can choose to vote for one candidate over another, or for no candidate at all. Americans are also free to make the most basic of choices — chocolate or vanilla — or not.
Yet when it comes to how we fuel our vehicles and our economy, that choice has largely been taken from us. Oil-derived fuels dominate the marketplace. Oil-based gasoline monopolizes 90 percent of the nation’s fuel market today.
Just because this is the way it has always been is not a reason to accept it as the only way to do it….
July 19, 2012
July 16, 2012
Lawrence – Drivers looking for a more eco-friendly way to fill up their gas tank got another option at the pump last week. The Zarco USA station located at East 23rd Street now offers e15.
The fuel is a mixture of 85 percent gasonline and 15 percent corn ethanol.
Zarco USA owner Scott Zaremba says the new fuel is a another step towards ending the country’s dependency on foreign oil. He also says producing the bio-fuel is helping the Kansas economy.
July 13, 2012
Intended as an additive to gasoline, ethanol in modern times was meant to stretch America’s fuel supplies, much as a cook uses chicken stock to increase the volume of a soup. By federal mandate, ethanol makes up about 10 percent of most fuel that motorists buy at the pump.
Unfortunately for ethanol makers, Americans are driving fewer miles and upgrading to more efficient cars — or to continue the analogy, eating less soup.
So ethanol makers want to change the longstanding recipe, trying to persuade gas stations and motorists to buy fuel that is 15 percent ethanol, or E15. And here, between a transmission shop and a Western clothing retailer, the first service station in the nation to offer the new blend for regular cars has just begun sales.
“I’m a firm believer that we have to do something. You can’t just sit there,” said Scott Zaremba, owner of the Phillips 66station, which has 14 gas pumps and four for diesel that mix in soy biodiesel with the petroleum variety. “Being in the Midwest, offering renewables from ethanol and biodiesel fuel are just a natural fit for us.” Continue reading on NYTimes.com>>
July 12, 2012
Fuel up with E15 for only $1.15 per gallon on July 18th from 6:30-8:30am & get free breakfast with E15 purchase!*
Try America’s new fuel, E15. Good for 2001 & newer cars, trucks and SUVs. Learn more by texting “E15” to 46786 or by visiting www.ChooseEthanol.com/E15.
*Discount only for 2001 & newer vehicles, no fuel containers allowed. Minimum 4 gallon purchase required. Promotion at 1500 E. 23rd St, Lawrence, KS. Breakfast includes free Sandbar Subs breakfast biscuit w/ sausage & cheese.
July 11, 2012
From NYTimes.com “More than 18 months after the Environmental Protection Agency first approved the idea, a gas station west of Kansas City has begun selling E15, a fuel blend that is 15 percent ethanol instead of the 10 percent blend that is now standard in most of the country.
The Phillips 66 brand station on Route 10 in Lawrence, Kan., uses “blender pumps” that allow the customer to choose a gasoline-ethanol mix that is 10 percent, 15 percent, 30 percent or 85 percent ethanol. Technically, the 15 percent blend was already available to drivers of “flex fuel” cars that can burn mixtures of up to 85 percent, but that is a tiny slice of the automotive fleet. The Kansas station is the first to offer E15 for regular cars.” Continue reading at NYTimes.com>>
June 8, 2012
Just in time for the busy travel season and leading up to Independence Day, the Kansas City Regional Clean Cities Coalition, Kansas Soybean Commission, Kansas Corn Commission, Renewable Fuels Association, United Soybean Board, and Zarco USA Earth Friendly Fuels plan to offer customers a $1.00 per-gallon discount on biodiesel and ethanol during a series of discount days this summer. This event is sure to draw many people looking to save big on their next fillup, as well as those looking to learn more about these clean, American-made Biofuels. The kick-off event will mark the first of two Biofuels discount days slated to promote the numerous benefits of these earth-friendly fuels. This will be the first of two events that will take place from 10am to noon on Sat., June 16 and Sat., June 30. Among the door prizes that will be given away are tickets to the Kansas City Royals.
DATES: Saturday, June 16, 2012, from 10am to noon Central Time
Saturday, June 30, 2012, from 10am to noon Central Time
LOCATION: Zarco USA Earth Friendly Fuels – 900 S. Iowa St.
May 21, 2012
We’re raising money for Relay for Life! Starting Sunday, May 20th until Sunday, May 27th, for every ‘Like’ we receive on our Facebook page we’ll donate $1.
Help us raise money!
May 14, 2012
We’ll be giving away tickets to the Kansas City T-Bones on Facebook and Twitter through out the season!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: Zarco USA T-Bones Sweepstakes (the “KC T-Bones Tickets”) is open only to legal residents living within a 30 mile radius of a Zarco USA and have attained the age of majority in their state of residence. Employees of Zarco USA, Inc., its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the KC T-Bones Tickets. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Zarco USA, Inc., 1548 East 23rd Street, Lawrence, KS 66044.
3. Timing: Submissions to the KC T-Bones Tickets begins on May 14, 2012 Central Standard Time (“CST”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the KC T-Bones Tickets.
4. How to Enter: KC T-Bones Tickets entries may be submitted on www.facebook.com\Zarco66 and/0r following instructions for entry on Twitter and following the instructions on the website. An entry will not be eligible to win a prize if the entrant does not have a valid e-mail address.
Limit: Each participant may receive a total of one (1) KC T-Bones Tickets entry. Any additional entries requested in excess of this amount will not be included in the drawing pool. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s excess entries and that entrant may be disqualified at the discretion of the Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Winner Selection: Selection of the potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the KC T-Bones Tickets. The potential winners will be notified by email, subject to the entry requirements noted above. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, he/she forfeits prize. The potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential winners are disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by next popular vote from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. All valid entries will remain in the drawing pool for the next drawing.
6. Prizes/ARV/Odds: Two (2) Kansas City T-Bones Baseball tickets. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, and for that particular drawing.
No cash value will be given or paid out. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if it should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize will be fulfilled within approximately 7 days after the conclusion of the drawing period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the KC T-Bones Tickets or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the KC T-Bones Tickets constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the KC T-Bones Tickets, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the KC T-Bones Tickets, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the KC T-Bones Tickets or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the KC T-Bones Tickets may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the KC T-Bones Tickets; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the KC T-Bones Tickets; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the KC T-Bones Tickets or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the KC T-Bones Tickets or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the KC T-Bones Tickets, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the KC T-Bones Tickets, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this KC T-Bones Tickets or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the State of Kansas or the appropriate Kansas State Court located in Douglas County, Kansas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this KC T-Bones Tickets, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the KC T-Bones Tickets, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
12. Winners List: Sponsor will post the winner. To see the winner, visit www.Zarco66.com.
© 2012 Zarco USA, Inc. All rights reserved.